In striving to be an employer of choice, Active has always had a keen focus on creating an environment to support employees to be the best that they can be. In our current and future industry, developing a diverse and inclusive culture is key in building a workplace which makes everyone feel involved and supported in all aspects of work and life.
We succeed by being better allies and in building self-awareness to create knowledge of how we can use our own privilege to amplify the voices of others for a more equitable environment.
Read our Recruitment Manifesto outlining our commitment to clear, fair and kind recruitment practices here
Active Cares is the charitable element of our Corporate Social Responsibility initiative. Over the years we have ran marathons, volunteered at warehouses, cleaned up gardens, baked cakes, and more to raise money for several charities. We believe that contributing to our local communities and society is an important aspect of a great workplace and we offer up to two paid days per year to volunteer with our charity partner.
Active Wellness is our health and wellbeing initiative. We launched Active Wellness in 2018 with the aim to provide support to our employees centered on our pillars of wellbeing physical, mental, financial, environmental and social. To date our team of volunteers for the Wellness Committee has organised events around mindfulness, yoga, spin class, nutrition, financial advice, health checks and office massages.
The environmental policy of Active International ltd. (“the company”) is to ensure so far as it is reasonably practicable that its operations will be carried out with a commitment to protecting and enhancing the environment. As an office we know that we generate wastepaper products. However, as we strive for excellence in every aspect of our business we are committed to minimising the environmental impacts of the business operation.
• Continuously improve our environmental performance
• Where possible we will use recycled or ecologically friendly products
• Reduce our consumption of resources and improve the efficiency of those resources
• Manage waste from business operations according to principles of: Reduction, Re-use and Recycling
• Comply as a minimum with all relevant environmental legislation as well as environmental requirements
• Provide solutions for our partners on how to off set their environmental impact
• Recycling all coffee capsules, paper, cardboard, glass, plastic, aluminum & batteries
• Recycle obsolete IT equipment
• Use NFC business cards- these allow employees to only have one card for their lifetime
• Only biodegradable postal supplies are used
• Use of eco cleaning products – e.g. hand wash, washing up liquid
• No bottled water is provided for staff or visitor.
• Reusable bottles and coffee mugs are issued to staff when they join the company.
• Printers are defaulted to black & white and double-sided print outs
• ‘Waste’ paper is available to all staff for notes unless confidentiality may be compromised.
• Donating redundant items to charity
• Turning computer screens off when no longer in use
• All promotional material and products are made from renewable or biodegradable materials e.g., Umbrella’s made from recycled bottles, notebooks from renewable forests
• Ensure single-use food products are biodegradable.